Monday, May 13, 2013

The Wind Farm near Tehachapi


5-10
I thought today was going to be a boring day of straight walking. It started off with a few miles of road walking that I did with Leisure Suit and Little Feet, an older couple from Washington. That made the miles fly by. They are great people. I left them, then did about 5 miles on a large pipe for water, then about 7 along an aqueduct. It was kinda nice... Windy to keep cool and Joshua tree all around me. Took a super siesta as the water from the HikerTown stash was empty. I knew I had 8 miles and only a liter, so I wanted to hike when it got cooler. Carried on and found a cache of water about 4 miles into my hike and chugged about 2 liters on the spot.
Then, The Wind Farm! The Wind Farm is windy! Those things are huge too, maybe one of my favorite little sections yet. It was different, but great! Camped at Tylerhorse Creek with Patches. I think we've camped within a mile of each other for about a week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tehachapi_Pass_Wind_Farm

http://www.conservation.ca.gov/dlrp/watershedportal/watershedbrowser/Pages/WatershedBrowser.aspx?idnum=09626.300203&mode=sr&name=Tylerhorse%20Creek%20(pws)&height=undefined&width=undefined


1 comment:

  1. Is this near Palm Springs? I thought you were up by Big Bear?? Auntie Carole is confused. :)

    ReplyDelete