Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mile 702, Kennedy Meadows, and Tom's Cabin


                Hungry hikers eating dinner #2 at Tom's
5-19
Mile 702 
I woke up today feeling surprisingly well for having done 38 miles yesterday. Did an easy 5 to a creek, then an easy 4 miles to the first river!!! I got in and had a good clean and break even though Kennedy Meadows was only about 3 miles away. When I got to KM, I had a beer and a burger and a beer and a burger and a beer and a sausage because they ran out of burgers. Everyone rolled in by 4 or so, so there was a good hang out at Tom's Place. He is an awesome trail angel out here. A lot of good chat and knowledge being passed around about hiking and the Sierras. From what I heard, Forester Pass (13000+ foot) has an ice wall that some people are scared-ish about, but some aren't worried at all. So, no ice axe and crampons should be fine. I don't have any anyway, so...
Got a zero tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment