Monday, May 6, 2013

Section D-Frog Closing, Detour

The rocky hill looked green. I dunno if you can see it in this pic. Mojave is in the background too.

4/30/2013
I slept in late today, 6:30 is about the latest I can stay in my cozy sleeping bag until I have to get out. Did a few miles then took a 4 hour break by a nice creek and got clean and read a little. I'm on an alternate PCT route right now. There's 3 ways you can go at this point because the original PCT closed down due to an endangered frog of some sort. It doesn't bother me that the way I'm taking is a little longer. I get to look out at the Mojave that I will be crossing soon. Mom and Greg are coming in two days and I have about 30 miles to the meeting point so I might not be able to take a 4 hour break and sleep in tomorrow. I'll still get my siesta in though. 

http://www.pcta.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/endagered_species_detour.pdf



1 comment:

  1. It's the mountain yellow-legged frog that you are protecting. Keep an eye out and don't step on one!
    http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mountain_Yellow-Legged_frog.jpg

    Auntie Carole

    ReplyDelete