Saturday, May 11, 2013

HikerTown


5-9
Within a couple minutes I was at the 500 mile marker. Then I hit another 500 mile marker, then a few minutes later I hit another 500 mile marker!!! About 3 hours in I got to a meadow that was nice and greenish because of the recent rain, it was pretty cool. I did fast work of 18 miles to make it to HikerTown, another hiker house. It's 10$ donation for staying and 10$ donation for dinner which was amazing. That was kinda wierd since most hikers give money to these houses anyway. I do $20 and some that are retired, or have more money, do more. So maybe if they didn't require it they would get more? We had salad, real mashed potatoes and gravy, and chicken. I was with Patches, Bob who runs the place, and an older couple that doesn't do big miles or eat a bunch. So, Patches and I got to chow down and I absolutely stuffed myself. So did Patches. He's an experienced hiker that's 60ish and has been doing the same miles as me for about a week, so we've seen a lot of each other. He told me about a deal, possibly a mistake, where a very good backpack is on super sale, so I ordered it. I'm going from about a 5 lb pack, to a 1.5 lb pack that's the same size for 100$. Tomorrow is a lot of straight boring walking so I won't have a whole lot to say about it so I'm gonna do a full gear report, I'll list everything I have in my pack. (It's not that much.) It'll help me in figuring out what I can get rid of too. 
http://hikertown.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment