Monday, May 20, 2013

Black Bears???


   
                       
5-13
I woke up late because of a hard day yesterday. The first ten miles was burn area. Freshly burnt too so there was no shade. It got hot at about 8 and unbearable by about 11 so I took a quick nap. An hour after my nap, I hit the road and made it about 100 yards up the hill where I cursed and was soaking wet again so I took a 4 hour nap/relax time. I got going at about 4:30 and it was nice by then. Still hot but not too bad. Today was another day of carrying 7 liters because there was no fill ups for the 20 miles I did. 7 liters is like 15 lbs, and that's a lot. Tomorrow I have a spring after 9 miles so I'll take a long break there. This is the last SoCal section and it's tough. Water is scarce and it's very, very hot. I'm very tired again. I can sleep in though since it's 8-9 miles to water (where I plan on hanging out almost all day).


1 comment: