Friday, May 10, 2013

Mile 500


5-8
I'm camping so close to mile 500 that I'm gonna say I'm at mile 500!!! There's probably a sign I'll hit within a couple minutes tomorrow morning, or I missed it. 
I woke up super late today at about 7:30 and went inside the Anderson's house for pancakes and coffee. They had 3 previous pct'ers helping out so the five or so of us that were there were being catered to. We lounged around for a bit and they tried to get us to drink beer and take a zero, haha. I had the willpower to get in the van going to the trail. That was a fun house. Very home feeling, lots of laughing, and we watched Django last night. The trail was cool. Did about 20 miles and had a beer at mile 10. The Anderson's do water caches around this area and even get us to drink beer when were not with them. Sidenote for Mom and Dad: It's like the Rambo's when I was in Montana. FUN FUN FUN!!! So, thanks Casa De Luna and the Anderson's and the 3 helpers, Jackass, Smiley Gurl, and I forget the third one. Frenchy, the French guy I met a while back started a fire that burnt a bit of a campground. He is now called French Toast. Luckily, it was the campground behind the fire station. 

I believe this is Billy Goat's cave. Billy Goat is a famous Pct'er. He is an old timer that does the pct every year and is going to forever. He said when he can't do the whole pct, he'll do half, when he can't do half, he'll do a section, and when he can't do a section, he'll just do a half section.
Other famous pct'ers I know about are...
Scott Williamson- does pct every year and about 40 miles per day
Erick D- same but with a little girls pink backpack
Sometimes they do the Continental Divide Trail, sometimes they do both, and I think sometimes they don't actually do it, but mostly do.
Yogi- does Yogi's PCT hand book
The Saufleys- Hiker Haven, the house I just stayed at.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_Divide_Trail
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian_Trail
http://www.pcthandbook.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment