Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mile 740, Watch Where You Are Going!!!

              14000 footers off in the distance. 
5-23
Mile 740 or so
What a great day. I am now in the area where you can get lost because you're looking off trail at the multiple things that are worth staring at. You can also be staring off in the distance and walk into a rock. Yes, I did both, so now I just stop and stare, as long as I need to. The morning miles were cold but great. Made it to a spring where the water was great. Nothing like pure great tasting spring water from 10000 or so feet. After that we did some tough climbing because of the heavy packs and climbing from 9 or so to 11 thousand feet. I can somewhat feel the lack of oxygen, especially while climbing. I have a Sierra family of five as of now. We lost Midget yesterday. I guess the dog was following us for like 3 miles down the trail, so Midget walked it back and haven't seen her since. It's Dora the Explorer, Crumb Bum, Spitfire, and Early Girl or Marie, and me Pacman. I'll go at least until after Forester Pass with them, and up Whitney. 

No comments:

Post a Comment