Saturday, May 25, 2013

PCT Menu

           Doug cooking at home with his backpack.
As you know, or may not know, I used to eat a lot of food before I started hiking, but now that I hike about 20 miles per day, I eat even more. So, I did a list of all the food I ate one day. This was for May 11, I think, the really hot day after Tehachapi, so I had a full pack (5 days) of food. My motto for the first few days is eat whatever, whenever, and as much as I can. When I get closer to town, I usually have not as much food, a light pack, and motivation to get into town so I can chow down on town food. Going into Tehachapi, I had 3 power bars and did 18 miles before 1:30. Going out of Tehachapi I did 21 miles and ate...


2 Cinnabons!!! Yummy
5 bars... 2 cliff, 2 smaller apple filled 150 cal, 1 big chocolate protein 
A salmon pouch 
Half a bag of trail mix (about 700 cals)

Lunch...
4 slices of bread
2 oz olive oil (It's like 200 cals per oz or something.)
3 string cheese
Half a salami log (500cal)
The rest of the trail mix bag

Dinner... 
Couscous box
3oz olive oil
Parmesan cheese dumped on, not sprinkled!

Tomorrow the Sierra report...






No comments:

Post a Comment