Friday, May 17, 2013

Tehachapi


                           There's a bunch of wind mills behind me too. As far as the eye can see.
5-11
I did the first 9 miles of the morning to a water cache with chairs and fresh Granny Smith apples. Most of the area was burned or cow pasture but there were blooming flowers all over the place. Did another 9 or so to the highway where a trail angel that was going the other way turned around and took Patches and me into town. Ate at a diner with him and he picked up the bill, so thank you Patches. Did an Albertsons resupply then McDonald's for some sauces for my food, some fries, and all you can drink of PowerAde. I have about 5 liters of PowerAde right now and drank about 3 there. Then I headed over to  Big 5 store and waited outside trying to bum a ride back to the trail. It's an art. A nice couple found their way into giving me a ride back. They were great. Thanks Tehachapi! I got there at about 1-2pm and was back on the trail at 5. Patches stayed there because he has to fix his hiking pole. Did a few more miles then plopped down in the Wind Farm to eat even more, and more PowerAde.


No comments:

Post a Comment